My name is Bay Kurtz and I'm from Crown Point, Indiana. I'm 24 yrs old and the oldest of six kids, the youngest being 8 yrs old. I started playing soccer when I was 3, trained and coached by my dad until I was 14. From there, I went on to play ODP, for two MLS academies, three D1 college soccer programs and now at the professional level.
My dream, for as long as I can remember, has always been to play soccer professionally. Over the years I have watched my dad train and develop players both on and off the pitch. Naturally, I have developed a passion to do the same. Since the age of 17, I have been running my own team training sessions, as well as 1on1 and small group sessions.
My passion is to help cultivate a player's love for the game through proper training, to push players to be the best they can be, and above all to watch them develop into both better players and better people.
My goal is to provide training that will develop a player's individual skillset and knowledge of the game, while challenging and encouraging them to pursue their own personal playing aspirations.
- 2020: Current player for Stumptown Athletic
- 2019: Played professionally in Australia for Olympia FC Warriors
- 2014-2018: Played D1 college soccer for the University of Virginia (graduated with degree in Kinesiology), University of Nevada Las Vegas (started Masters program in Biomechanics), and Liberty University (attended 2014-2015)
- 2011-2014: Played Academy for Chicago Fire and Real Salt Lake
- 2010: Played with ODP Region II & competed in Italy international tournament
- Up to 2010: Club soccer
- At age 17:
- Started helping my dad run training sessions for his youth teams
- Helped as assistant coach at the State Cup Regional Championship level
- Started training players 1on1
-17 to current:
- Have trained and coached players/teams from ages 8 to 20 (both boys and girls)
- 7 years of experience in running full team training sessions
- 7 years of experience in 1on1 and small group sessions
- 7 years of experience running futsal sessions
- In 2019 coached my own u14 team at Olympia FC Warriors in Tasmania, Australia
- In 2018 interned with ADAPT Athletic Development and Performance Training in Charlottesville, VA., running small group and team performance sessions